Garden Island is 2 miles off the north shore of Lake Nipissing, Ontario, approximately 3h 45m from Toronto. Accessible from Starlite Marina on the Sturgeon River, the island is a 10 minute boat ride away.
- Take highways 400 & 11 toward North Bay….
- Go through North Bay on to highway 17 toward Sturgeon Falls…
- in Sturgeon Falls turn left on to Nipissing Street ….
- Turn right on to Quesnel Rd….when you run out of road you have arrived! Park at Starlite Marina
- North Bay airport (35 minutes away) is serviced by Air Canada from Toronto, and Bearskin Airlines from various Northern Airports
- If flying in on a floatplane the coordinates are 46.299936 – 79.994895
On arrival Maxim will take payment for parking ($7/day) then boat you to the bunkie and explain the accommodations and facilities.
To book your stay on the island with no catering or supplementary hosting, you can make a reservation at AirBnB without notification.
If you would like to arrange for a customised experience with meals; boating; fishing trips etc, please contact Maxim directly (well in advance of your trip) to discuss and book the range of service options; email@example.com