Garden Island is 2 miles off the north shore of Lake Nipissing, Ontario, approximately 3h 45m from Toronto. Accessible from Starlite Marina on the Sturgeon River, the island is a 10 minute boat ride away.
- TAKE HIGHWAYS 400 & 11 TOWARD NORTH BAY….
- GO THROUGH NORTH BAY ON TO HIGHWAY 17 TOWARD STURGEON FALLS…
- IN STURGEON FALLS TURN SOUTH AT 2ND SET OF LIGHTS ON TO NIPISSING STREET. (In response to the wags who ask “The second set of lights from which direction?” ..it doesn’t matter as there are only 3 sets of lights..!
- TURN RIGHT ON TO QUESNEL RD….WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF ROAD YOU HAVE ARRIVED! PARK AT STARLITE MARINA
- North Bay airport (35 minutes away) is serviced by Air Canada from Toronto, and Bearskin Airlines from various Northern Airports
- If flying in on a floatplane the coordinates are 46.299936 – 79.994895
On arrival Maxim will take payment for parking ($9/night) then boat you across to the island and explain the accommodations and facilities.
To book your stay on the island with no catering or supplementary hosting, you can make a reservation at AirBnB without notification.
If you would like to arrange for a customised experience with meals; boating; fishing trips etc, please contact Maxim directly (well in advance of your trip !!) to discuss and book the range of service options; firstname.lastname@example.org